|Assumption Parish Church
Although Mgr.Dusina in the report of his Pastoral visit in 1575 states that Mosta was a parish, in actual fact Mosta was made a parish in 1608, and when this happened, the parishioners immediately started building a new church on the plans drawn by Tommaso Dingli. The old church was known as Ta' Ziri. In 1686 a new altar piece was presented to this church donated lay Giacomo Chetcuti. The present church is a rotunda based on the plans of George Grognet de Vasse and built between the 1830's and 1860's. It was constructed over the old church which was later demolished. Dedication date: 15th Oct 1871. At one time it used to be the third largest dome in the world. The Assumption featured in the 1686 altar piece was solemnly crowned on the 10th August 1975. There is also a crypt with its own chapel under the church.
|The old parish church|
|The Assumption rotunda|
This church was built and endowed by Franquino Buhagiar before 1575 and was closed to worship in 1659.
Annunciation taz-Zejfi or tal-Bisbezija
Built in the 16th century on the outskirts in an area called 'il-Bisbezija' it was rebuilt by Dr Gio. M. Camenzuli, nicknamed Zejfi. He was authorised to carry out this work by the Vicar General Don Filippo Borg on the 5th December 1607. This chapel had its own small cemetery also built in 1607. Mons.B.Rull revoked its ecclesiastical immunity. In 1866 A Ferres refers to this church as the Visitation. It is well kept nowadays. A main artery road passes near it.
|Annunciation church ta' Zejfi|
In a new Secondary (High) School being built as of 2009
The provisional chapel for the pastoral zone (New future Parish) is situated in Triq il-Midbah.
At Mount St.Joseph retreat house belonging to the Jesuit order.
|Crucifix chapel at Mount St.Joseph|
|Holy Family Bidnija
Till 1920 there was no church for the spiritual needs of the inhabitants of this hamlet, so the faithful bought land and, on the design of Salvu Zahra, built a church in two years. The titular painting is the work of Ganni Vella.
|Holy Family church|
|Immaculate Conception ta' Andar il-blat (Derimblat)
Bartholmew Busuttil built this church in the neighbourhood of Tal-Blat in 1658. It was rebuilt in 1965 after it had been dismantled in WWII and its stones used at Ta Qali airfield to protect aircraft. The titular is from the old chapel and was done in the early 17th century by Filippo Dingli.
|Immaculate Conception ta' Derimblat|
|Mary Mother of the Church Tal-Mlit
Archbishop Joseph Mercieca blessed this chapel on the 30th October 1998. A new marble altar and lectern were inaugurated in 2002. There is also a catechism centre attached to this chapel.
|Mary Mother of the Church|
A Perpetual Adoration Chapel open Monday to Saturday to different schedules.
Nativity of Our Lady Dejr iz-Zara
Built in 1431 near Ta' Qali. In a 1571 document there is the suggestion of another church existing in the area dedicated to St.James. Nowadays nothing is left of these two churches.
|Our Lady of Carmel
The Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart opened their 'Pax et Bonum' Home in Mosta in 1961 as a residence for elderly people, dedicating their chapel to Our Lady of Carmel.
|Our Lady of Hope Tal-isperanza
Benefice of the Cathedral of Mdina this church was built in the 16th century over a cave where according to tradition a young girl from Burmarrad took refuge to avoid falling into the hands of Moslem pirates. In 1575 Dusina records this church as troglodytic and dedicated to the Visitation, held in high veneration, on the road from Mosta to Mellieha. It was rebuilt in 1760 in the renaissance style with an octagonal shape on the inside. The titular picture was done by Rocco Buhagiar at the turn of the 19th century. In 1913 the cave was cleaned and the church renovated, with marble cladding applied ten years later.
|Our Lady of Hope church|
|Our Lady of Loreto (at Ta Qali)
Dedicated to Our Lady of Loreto and built by members of the Aviation museum on the actual grounds, the construction of this Nissen Hut Chapel was sponsored by APS Bank Ltd and blessed by H.G. Mgr. Paul Cremona O.P. Archbishop of Malta on 8th June 2012. In it were installed plaques in memory of some of the airmen who lost their lives in the Ta Qali aerodrome which incidentally was one of the hardest hit places in WWII.
|Our Lady of Sorrows
A small chapel which is decorated for the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows a week before Good Friday.
|Our Lady of Sorrows church|
Reported to exist within then Mosta limits in 1762 when Mons. B.Rull lifted its ecclesiastical immunity.
Sacred Heart Oratory
First stone laid 11 Nov 1928 and blessed by Bishop Caruana on the 8th June 1940. A previous building existed from 1914.
|Oratory of the Sacred Heart|
|St.Andrew Hal Dimag
According to various pastoral visits, this small church had existed for quite a long time within Mosta limits, in fact from before Mons.Dusina's visit of 1575. The present building is from 1657 as the date over the doorway shows. The titular picture is by Filippo Dingli. In 2002, restoration works were done because the church was in danger of collapsing. Still it is not in use, but nowadays a new chapel of St.Andrew together with a centre has been built for the people of the area.
|The new pastoral centre of St.Andrew|
|The old church of St.Andrew|
This church dedicated to this 4th century Egyptian Hermit, was built by two people from Mosta in 1657 on the site of an earlier church built before 1575. An inscription on the main door tells the story of the building of this chapel. The titular painting is by Filippo Dingli, painted in 1675.
|Church of St.Anthony Abbott|
According to Mons.Dusina's report of 1575, a church used to exist dedicated to St.George within then Mosta limits.
Private chapel on the way to Naxxar, belonging to the family Miceli Demajo, built for their own private use.
This church was built in 1685 on the site of an older church which existed at the time of Mons.Dusina's pastoral visit in 1575. Devotions in honour of Our Lady of Pompeii are held here. The titular picture by Filippo Dingli shows Our Lady of Grace with Sts.Leonard, John the Baptist and Bernard and the souls of Purgatory. The belfry is from 1907.
|Church of St.Leonard|
|St.Margaret of Antioch
This is a very small chapel erected before 1577 but rebuilt in 1771. Near it is the cemetery where victims of the 1592 plague are buried.
|St.Margaret of Antioch church|
The Augustinian Sisters opened a residence in Mosta in 1929 and then built a large institute in 1952. The chapel of the institute is dedicated to St.Monica and is open to the public. Perpetual Adoration is held here Monday to Friday 9.00 to 11.00am.
The church is situated in Wied il-Ghasel within a large natural cavern. In 1656 it started out as just an altar hewn out of rock in the cave. Two feasts, one of Saint Paul, the Hermit and another of Our Lady of Grace, are celebrated here. In 1993 the chapel was blessed again when restored after being abandoned for decades.
|St.Paul Shipwrecked Tal-Qlejgha
The present chapel dates from 1690 though it stands on the spot of an older church. Located in the Qlejgha valley, it is also known as Tal-Mingiba.
|Church of St.Paul Shipwrecked|
An inscription on its facade says that the Knight Sylvester Fiteni built it in 1664. This inscription includes the Knight's coat of arms. The titular painting is by Stefano Erardi.
Another Assumption church already recorded in 1575 was in a ruinous state during the last years of the 16th century. Damiano Bonnichi came to the rescue and offered to rebuild it. His sister had been buried there during the 1592-93 plague. This work was ready by 1608, but the new church was dedicated to the Visitation, known afterwards as ta' Dhib. However the painting of the Assumption was retained hanging on one of its side walls.
According to Mons.Dusina, there was a rock cut church here in 1575. Over this church another one was built and yet another in 1610. The existing structure is the one that was rebuilt after destruction by bombs during WWII, it being too close to Ta' Qali airfield. The bell cot is from this time. The titular painting showing Mary singing the Magnificat Is by G.M.Caruana and was done in the first half of the 20th century.
|Visitation church tal-Wejda|
This old chapel in the form of a nissen hut existed until the 1950s, at the wartime airport of Ta Qali. It was used by the service personnel. It boasted a small stone! bell in a bellcot surely used only as decoration.