|St.Joseph Parish Church
Msida became a parish in 1867 and for several years the old church of the Immaculate Conception (See further down), served as the parish church. The present church came into use in 1889. Dedication date 22nd April 1894. The bay in front of this church was filled up with rubble from the bombing of WWII.
|St.Joseph parish church|
The Jesuits opened a residence near the University and the chapel is open to the locals for the 8.15a.m. Mass which is celebrated here on Sundays and Feast Days.
This is a partly troglodytic church and in 1575, according to Mgr.Dusina originally was dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. It had its dedication changed a few times during the next century. Paul Tonna was in charge of this church which had a wooden altar piece. Its canonical deconsecration was decreed in 1618 but by 1636, it was however already re-opened and was thenceforth held in great veneration by the Maltese. Various Masses used to be celebrated there each week. The front part was rebuilt in 1648 and a sacristy added in 1670. In 1835 Msida became a subsidiary parish of Birkirkara and in 1867 a parish in its own right, this church became the parish church up till when the present parish church of St.Joseph was finished in 1889. Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is nowadays held in it.
|Immaculate Conception church|
|Marina Palace Hotel Chapel
This chapel is in a Hotel which was turned into a Retirement / Nursing home. It lies right across the inlet from St Joseph Parish Church.
|Our Lady of Loreto
This church belongs to the convent of the Ursuline sisters and was first built in 1938. It had to be dismantled and rebuilt soon after because it did not conform with building codes. Marriages may be celebrated in it. The Dominican Friars from the Gwardamanga parish officate in this church.
|Our Lady of Loreto church|
The Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart opened a school at Msida in 1961. In 1973 they installed a chapel and made it available to the people residing in the locality. This chapel is commonly known as St Francis.
|Sacred Heart chapel|
The Church in Malta built the University chapel at 'Tal-Qroqq' in 1977 to serve as a Campus Christian Centre for pastoral activities among the students.
|University chapel of St.Thomas More|