|St.Julian Parish church
In recent times the Lapsi church, (see further down), as it is popularly known, became too small to accommodate the people of the area. In 1961 a new church was built and opened for worship in 1968. Pope John Paul II met the world of culture in this church during his visit to Malta in 1989. Dedication date 17th Dec 1978.
|Parish church of St.Julian|
The Zammit Clapp Hospital has a chapel which is always open for the benefit of patients, visitors and staff alike. Mass is celebrated here every day.
This chapel in the monastery is more commonly known as St Clare. In 1920 the Poor Clares left Zabbar, where they had first settled, and moved to San Giljan in Carmel Street but the house there was too small for the community so they started building a new monastery in 1933 where they took their residence in 1935. Their chapel can be seen from the Regional road that passes by the monastery.
|Epiphany, monastery chapel of the Poor Clares|
This church was built in 1687 by Bailiff and Prior of the Order of St John, Fra Raffaele Spinola who wished to have a church near his palace overlooking St.Julian's Bay in a locality now known as Spinola. It was blessed on the 10th September of the following year. The same Bailiff endowed it with an ecclesiastical living as detailed in the records of Notary Francesco Ferrari of Genoa on the 18th March 1689. The church was enlarged and given a new facade in 1914. It is in daily use and marriages may be celebrated in it. The facade was completely changed in the mid 20th century when the road in front of it was widened.
|Immaculate Conception church|
A modern chapel built in the 1950's at 'Tal-Qasam' is already being enlarged to accommodate the increase of population in the area.
Millenium Chapel Paceville
The Millennium Chapel is run by a Foundation of lay people and the Augustinian Fathers. It was opened in 2004 by Archbishop Mercieca together with the Provincial of the Augustinians. It was built by donations from people from all parts of Malta in response to an appeal for a place of quiet prayer set amidst the busiest night-life area of Malta. It is open from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 a.m.
|Our Lady of Good Counsel Paceville
In 1936 lawyer Guzł« Pace built a convent and church and gave them to the Augustinian friars in trust. That part of St.Julian's now known as Paceville began to develop at such a fast pace that in the place of that church, the friars built a modern one between 1967 and 1973. It can accommodate 800 people.
|Our Lady of Good Counsel church|
This sizeable church is part of a convent and a girls' school complex. It is mainly for use by the sisters and students. Mass is also celebrated in the Auditorium of the school on special occasions.
According to Mons.Dusina's 1575 list, there existed a church dedicated to this Saint in this area at that time.
The first church on the heights of San Giljan dedicated to the Saint was built in 1580. It was altered or rebuilt in 1593, 1682 and 1729, the last time with more decoration; the titular painting remained the same. Some time in the 19th century it was enlarged again. In 1848 it served as a subsidiary parish church and in 1891 it became the parish church of the locality remaining so till the present parish church was built. It is also commonly known as Lapsi Risen Christ church because of the devotion to the Risen Christ there. Lately the ceiling was restored. Marriages may be celebrated in it.
|Church of St.Julian Lapsi|
|St.Michael ta' Giorni
The Male section of teacher trainees used to board and study at the St.Michael's Training College before education became a University faculty. It had a sizeable chapel dedicated to St.Michael for religious activities and of course celebration of daily Mass. This chapel was deconsacrated and the complex sold to the Libyan Republic in the 70's.
The Augustinian friars were given a piece of land by Miss Nicolina Pons to build a church and friary. The work started in 1926 and two years later the monks took up residence. Both the friary and the church were destroyed during World War II but rebuilt in 1944. At one time up to the 50s the church could be reached from another street through a long staircase, but after some drastic project on the road, this staircase was removed and the gap blocked off.
|St.Rita chapel in the Augustinian friary|